Prescription drugs have been used for years now to help men with erectile dysfunction issues, and doctors are not hesitant to prescribe them. Some ED issues arise due to weight issues, high blood pressure problems, and psychological issues; but men with erectile dysfunction issues that don’t involve these kinds of problems tend to need a little more help than just a change in their dieting techniques and motivational advice from a therapist.
When a man needs a male enhancement pill, they know the doctor is ready to help them by prescribing the correct medication. Some of the ED medications on the market today are listed below:
Each of these prescription drugs act in a similar way when absorbed by a man’s body. However, there are a few differences when it comes to how long they stay active in a man’s body and how long they take to start working in the first place.
Below, I’ve put together some minimal research on each of the ED medications. Be my guest and check out the facts.
- Stendra can start working in as little as 15 minutes. This is not likely to happen with all men.
- The effects of Stendra can last approximately 6 hours. If painful sensations start to occur, head to your nearest hospital for examination.
- Viagra tends to take approximately 30 minutes to start working.
- The effects of Viagra usually last approximately 4 hours, depending on the man.
- Cialis wins the race for time when it comes to how long it lasts. Cialis can last in a man’s body for up to 36 hours. If this becomes painful, all medical professionals urge men to go to a nearby emergency room as soon as the pain starts to kick in.
- Levitra takes about 30 minutes to work once you take the pill. That is, Levitra’s process of being absorbed into the bloodstream takes about 30 minutes.
- Levitra lasts longer than Viagra. Typically, Levitra lasts approximately 5 hours, depending on the man.
- Staxyn is one of the only erectile dysfunction drugs that dissolves in the mouth. Unlike all other medications, Staxyn must dissolve in the saliva for the ultimate affect; it cannot be swallowed like other ED drugs.
- Staxyn has the same active ingredients as Levitra, yet it works faster than Levitra. On average, Staxyn starts to work within 15 minutes.
ED prescription drugs may work on one man one way and may work on another man another way. Some side effects may occur in some men and the same side effects may not occur in other men. The process is always different and significant for each man.
A common question that many men ask doctors today is, “If I don’t like one ED medication, can I switch to another?”
The answer to this common question is yes. Men experience different reactions to different ED medications. Men also experience different side effects to different ED medications. One medication may enhance your sex life while another may trigger its downfall. It’s all a game of trial and error.
If you do start to experience any of the following symptoms, talk to your doctor or seek another medication option:
- Frequent headaches
- Upset stomach or constant heartburn
- Hot flashes
- Increased nasal congestion
- Blurry vision
- Severe back pain
- Loss of hearing
Keep in mind, you may need emergency medical attention if the erection starts to hurt after 4 hours. Also, if you’ve had an erection for over 4 hours without sexual excitement, you may want to head to your nearest emergency room. If this happens, blood may be trapped in the penis.
If the following symptoms start to occur, seek medical attention as soon as possible:
- Rash on or around penis
- Painful erections
- Chest pain
- Itching or burning sensations during urination
If you’ve tried prescription ED drugs and they weren’t what you were looking for, or if you don’t want to try them in general, check out all-natural male enhancement supplements. It affects your sex life in a more positive light, while also eliminating all those unwanted symptoms. It is proven to do the job the right way, and it’s proven to help not only you in the bedroom, but also your partner.
Try it today, you won’t be disappointed!
By Jenny Lyn